Details for Benchmark: DN0619
N 33° 02.933 W 097° 18.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DENTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- X 246 RESET 1960
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
2.7 MI S FROM JUSTIN. ABOUT 2.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE G.C. AND S.F. R.R. AND F.M. ROAD 156, 01.5 MILES NORTH OF THE HIGHWAY INTERSECTION AND OVERPASS OF STATE HIGHWAY NO. 114, AT A PRIVATE ROAD CROSSING THE RAILROAD AND LEADING TO A FARM HOUSE ABOUT 0.2 MILE EAST OF THE HIGHWAY. IT IS 6 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEGRAPH POLE, 13 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE PRIVATE ROAD, 13 YARDS WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE RAILROAD AND 13 YARDS EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED X 246 RESET 1960 IN A CONCRETE POST ABOUT FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|09/07/1992 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1992 (HLO)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|02/14/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.