Details for Benchmark: DN0649
N 33° 14.167 W 097° 07.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DENTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Z 949
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
IN DENTON. AT DENTON, DENTON COUNTY, IN THE NORTHERN PART OF THE CITY, ON NORTH LOCUST STREET, 67 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE HOUSE AT 2316 NORTH LOCUST STREET, 20 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET, 18.5 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A ROCK WALL, 4 FEET NORTH OF A SMALL OAK TREE, 2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A CONCRETE WALK, AND LEVEL WITH THE STREET. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Z 949 1946 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|06/30/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|02/14/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.