Details for Benchmark: DN0667
N 33° 14.233 W 097° 05.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DENTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- F 949
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
3.3 MI E FROM DENTON. 3.3 MILES EAST OF DENTON, DENTON COUNTY, FROM THE POST OFFICE, 0.1 MILE EAST ALONG MCKINNEY STREET, 0.4 MILE NORTH ALONG OAKLAND AVENUE, 0.4 MILE EAST ALONG TEXAS STREET, AND 2.4 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD PARALLELING THE TEXAS AND PACIFIC RAILWAY, BETWEEN THE ROAD AND THE RAILROAD, 40 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, 38 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 29.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A SEMAPHORE, 1 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 949 1946 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|07/06/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|02/14/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.