Details for Benchmark: DN0683
N 33° 13.800 W 097° 10.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DENTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- M 949
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
3.7 MI W FROM DENTON. 3.7 MILES NORTHWEST OF DENTON, DENTON COUNTY. THIS BENCH MARK MAY BE REACHED FROM THE POST OFFICE BY GOING 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG MCKINNEY STREET, THENCE 1.0 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 77, AND THENCE 2.6 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 24. IT IS AT A 4- BY 6-FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE NORTH HEADWALL, 28 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED M 949 1946.
|06/30/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|02/14/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.