Details for Benchmark: DN0685
N 33° 13.867 W 097° 11.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DENTON county, TX View Original Datasheet
- N 949
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
4.7 MI W FROM DENTON. 4.7 MILES WEST OF DENTON, DENTON COUNTY. THIS BENCH MARK MAY BE REACHED FROM THE POST OFFICE BY GOING 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG MCKINNEY STREET, THENCE 1.0 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 77, AND THENCE 3.6 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 24. IT IS AT THE INTERSECTION OF A NORTH-AND-SOUTH GRAVEL ROAD, 99 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE GRAVEL ROAD, 60 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1.5 FEET EAST OF A CONCRETE HIGHWAY PROPERTY-LINE MARKER, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A FENCE, 1 FOOT WEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, AND LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED N 949 1946 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
|06/30/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|02/14/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.