Details for Benchmark: DU0459
N 33° 29.000 W 111° 28.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- W 21
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
6.6 MI NE FROM APACHE JUNCTION. ABOUT 6.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY NO. 88 FROM APACHE JUNCTION, ABOUT 1.0 MILE SOUTHWEST OF GOVERMENT WELL, 47.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 2.2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
10.8 KM (6.7 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 88 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 60 AT APACHE JUNCTION, 1.6 KM (1.0 MI) SOUTH OF THE GOVERNMENT WELL, 0.7 KM (0.45 MI) SOUTH OF HIGHWAY MILEPOST 203, AT AN ISLAND FORMED BY TWO FORKS OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST, 14.5 METERS (47.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 9.2 METERS (30.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE DIRT ROAD, 7.3 METERS (24.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH FORK OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.