Details for Benchmark: DU0479
N 33° 15.933 W 111° 16.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- N 107
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
4.1 MI E FROM FLORENCE JUNCTION. 4.1 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 60 FROM FLORENCE JUNCTION, 1.3 MILES WEST OF THE CROOK NATIONAL FOREST BOUNDARY, AT A SMALL CURVE IN THE HIGHWAY AND THE JUNCTION OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST, 64 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 28 FEET SOUTH OF A PAIR OF GIANT CACTI. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED N 107 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- 4.1 MILES EAST ALONG OLD U.S. HIGHWAY 60-80 FROM FLORENCE JCT. 1.3 MILES WEST OF TONTO NAT. FOR. BOUNDARY. AT A SMALL CURVE IN THE OLD HIGHWAY AND 64 FT. NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.