Details for Benchmark: DU0571
N 33° 26.733 W 111° 30.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
3.3 MI NE FROM APACHE JUNCTION. ABOUT 3.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY NO. 86 FROM APACHE JUNCTION, AT A FORK OF A Y JUNCTION, 78.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 57.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIM DIRT ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, 2.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3 1/2 INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 14 INCHES.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
5.3 KM (3.3 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 88 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 60 AT APACHE JUNCTION, 0.55 KM (0.35 MI) EAST OF HIGHWAY MILEPOST 199, 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER TRIANGLE BETWEEN THE FORKS OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING EAST, SET AT THE THIRD POWER POLE NORTHEAST OF THE EAST ONE OF TWO HIGH-TENSION POWER LINE CROSSINGS, 23.8 METERS (78.0 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 11.6 METERS (38.0 FT) SOUTH OF A POWER POLE WITH TWO GUY WIRES. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.6 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.