Details for Benchmark: DU0653
N 33° 27.067 W 111° 40.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 365
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
4.4 MI NE FROM BUCKHORN. ABOUT 1.0 MILE EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 60, 70, 80 AND 89 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT BUCKHORN, THENCE 2.5 MILES NORTH ALONG BUSH HIGHWAY, THENCE 0.9 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A TRAIL ROAD, IN S 7, T 1 N, R 7 E, AT THE FOOT OF THE NORTH SLOPE OF THE HIGHEST HILL IN THE VICINITY, 70 FEET SOUTH OF THE TOE OF THE HILL, 180 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF A TRAIL ROAD AROUND THE HILL, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROCK OUTCROP, 0.6 FOOT NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/20/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
14.5 KM (9.00 MI) EASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 60 (MAIN STREET) FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 87 (COUNTRY CLUB DRIVE) IN MESA, THENCE 4.0 KM (2.50 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG NORTH POWERS ROAD, THENCE 1.0 KM (0.60 MI) EASTERLY ALONG EAST MCKELLIPS ROAD, THENCE 0.3 KM (0.20 MI) SOUTHERLY ACROSS COUNTRY, NEAR THE CENTER OF A 2 BY 3-FOOT AREA OF OUTCROPPING BEDROCK ALONG THE NORTH SLOPE OF A HILL, 14.0 M (45.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE BASE OF THE HILL, AND 0.7 M (2.3 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.