Details for Benchmark: DU0838
N 33° 07.050 W 111° 51.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- H 276
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
1.6 MI E FROM CASA BLANCA. 1.6 MILES EAST ALONG THE ROAD TO SACATON FROM THE CASA BLANCA DAY SCHOOL, 51.4 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 44.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING NORTH, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD AND 3.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|04/25/1994 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1994
20.1 KM (12.50 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 87 (ARIZONA AVENUE) FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 60 IN MESA, THENCE 9.5 KM (5.90 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 587, THENCE 2.0 KM (1.25 MI) WESTERLY ALONG CASA BLANCA ROAD, 18.7 M (61.4 FT) WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF SNAKEHILL ROAD, 15.2 M (49.9 FT) NORTH OF THE ROAD CENTERLINE, 10.2 M (33.5 FT) WEST OF A UTILITY POLE AND AN UNDERGROUND CABLE JUNCTION BOX, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE ROADS, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.1 M (0.3 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.