Details for Benchmark: DU1002
N 33° 14.800 W 111° 56.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- BONE RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
11.7 MI SW FROM CHANDLER. 7.1 MILES WEST ALONG A CONCRETE PAVED ROAD FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC CO. RAILROAD CROSSING OF CLEVELAND AVENUE AT CHANDLER, THENCE 1.8 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG AN ASPHALT PAVED ROAD, THENCE 2.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG A TRACK ROAD WHICH IS THE CENTER OF THE MEDIAN STRIP OF PROPOSED INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10, 151.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 150.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF TRAVERSE STATION BONE, 0.5 FOOT NORTH OF A YELLOW PAINTED WOODEN 2 BY 4 POST, AND SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.