Details for Benchmark: DU1078
N 33° 30.350 W 111° 47.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is READJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 367
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
11.9 MI NE FROM SCOTTSDALE. ABOUT 2.5 MILES NORTH ALONG NORTH SCOTTSDALE ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SCOTTSDALE, THENCE 0.6 MILE EAST ALONG MACDONALD DRIVE, THENCE 8.8 MILES EAST ALONG A DIRT ROAD WHICH PARALLELS THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE ARIZONA CANAL, IN SECTION 24, T 2 N, R 5 E, 0.65 MILE EAST OF 3 ROWS OF PYLONS WHICH CROSS THE ROAD AND CANAL, 63 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD ALONG THE CANAL, 42 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A TRAIL ROAD, 1.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 7 FEET BELOW THE ROAD ALONG THE CANAL, AND ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT IS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 9 FEET AND IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 9 INCHES.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
12.7 KILOMETERS (7.9 MILES) EAST ALONG THE ARIZONA CANAL FROM THE INTERSECTION OF HAYDEN ROAD AT SCOTTSDALE, 1.0 KILOMETERS (0.65 MILE) EAST OF THREE ROWS OF HIGH TENSION POWER LINES CROSSING THE CANAL, 19.2 METERS (63.0 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH ROAD PARALLELING THE CANAL AND 12.8 METERS (42.0 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK ROAD PARALLELING THE CANAL. THE MARK IS 0.45 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.5 M BELOW THE CANAL ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1999. * This is a READJUSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km. The height was derived from older observations constrained to new heights in a crustal motion area. The height is approximate in relation to other heights in its vicinity.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.