Details for Benchmark: DU1089
N 33° 31.950 W 111° 54.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is READJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- V 365
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
4.85 MI NE FROM SCOTTSDALE. ABOUT 2.5 MILES NORTH ALONG NORTH SCOTTSDALE ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SCOTTSDALE, THENCE 0.6 MILE EAST ALONG MACDONALD DRIVE, THENCE 1.75 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG A DIRT ROAD WHICH PARALLELS THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE ARIZONA CANAL, IN SECTION 12, T 2 N, R 5 E, AT THE JUNCTION OF THE DIRT ROAD AND GRANITE REEF ROAD, 19 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DIRT ROAD ALONG THE CANAL, 39 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF GRANITE REEF ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE STRUCTURE SUPPORTING FLOODGATE NUMBER 1-1.5, 14 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A CONCRETE SIDEWALK, ABOUT 2 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND, AND ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF GRANITE REEF ROAD.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
1.1 KILOMETERS (0.7 MILE) EAST ALONG THE ARIZONA CANAL FROM THE INTERSECTION OF HAYDEN ROAD AT SCOTTSDALE, IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FLOODGATE BOX 1-1.5 AT THE T JUNCTION OF THE CANAL AND GRANITE REEF ROAD, 5.8 METERS (19.0 FEET) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH CANAL ROAD AND 11.9 METERS (39.0 FEET) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF GRANITE REEF ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.2 M ABOVE THE CANAL ROAD.
|03/21/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/01/1999 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (GAS)
0.5 KM (0.30 MI) WESTERLY ALONG VIA VENTURA FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SCOTTSDALE, THENCE 2.4 KM (1.50 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG HAYDEN ROAD, THENCE 0.8 KM (0.50 MI) EASTERLY ALONG A DIRT ROAD ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE ARIZONA CANAL, IN TOP OF AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A 2 GATE SIPHON, 13.9 M (45.6 FT) WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF GRANITE REEF ROAD, AND 5.8 M (19.0 FT) SOUTH OF AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD CENTER. NOTE--THE MONUMENT IS ON PROPERTY OWNED BY THE SALT RIVER PROJECT, 1505 NORTH PROJECT DRIVE, TEMPE, AZ 85282, TELEPHONE NUMBER (602) 319-2495.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 2000. * This is a READJUSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km. The height was derived from older observations constrained to new heights in a crustal motion area. The height is approximate in relation to other heights in its vicinity. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.