Details for Benchmark: DU1161
N 33° 23.733 W 110° 47.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GILA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- V 16
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- large structures with foundations on bedrock
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
IN GLOBE. IN GLOBE, SET IN THE ENTRANCE OF THE U.S. POST OFFICE AT THE CORNER OF EAST SYCAMORE STREET AND SOUTH HILL STREET, 37 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER, 36 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET AND 12 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE. NOTE=NO ARCHIVE NUMBER.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.