Details for Benchmark: DU1480
N 33° 24.600 W 111° 32.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- 1262 AC
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1975 by AZDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1975
0.8 MI N FROM PALM SPRINGS. FROM MILEPOST 197, U.S. 60, 70, AND 80, WEST ON THE HIGHWAY FOR 0.1 MILES. RIGHT NORTH FOR 0.15 MILES TO THE EAST SIDE OF THE UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH. FROM THERE CONTINUE 0.05 MILES TO THE BASE OF A SMALL HILL. PACK TO THE WEST END OF THE HILL AND TO THE STATION. ABOUT 2/3 OF THE WAY TO THE TOP OF THE HILL. 50 FT. EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE HILL. AN AHD BRASS CAP, CEMENTED TO AN OUTCROPPING OF BEDROCK.
|01/01/1984 by AZDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 1.4 KM (0.9 MILE) SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 60 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 88 AT APACHE JUNCTION. THENCE 0.3 KM (0.2 MILE) EAST ALONG BROADWAY RD. TO THE UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, FROM THERE GO NORTH 0.08 KM. (0.05 MI.) TO THE BASE OF A SMALL HILL, PACK TO THE WEST END OF THE HILL AND TO THE STATION. ABOUT 2/3 OF THE WAY TO THE TOP OF THE HILL, 50 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE HILL. THE MARK IS AN AHD BRASS CAP, CEMENTED TO AN OUTCROPPING OF BEDROCK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.