Details for Benchmark: DU1499
N 33° 23.600 W 111° 30.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PINAL county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- HWY 60 STA 966+71
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1975 by AZDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1975
1.6 MI SE FROM PALM SPRINGS. FROM MILEPOST 198, U.S. 60, 70, AND 80, EAST ON THE HIGHWAY FOR 0.35 MILES AND TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. ON A CONCRETE CULVERT HEADWALL, SOUTH OF THE EAST BOUND LANE. AN AHD BRASS CAP, SET IN A CONCRETE CULVERT HEADWALL.
|01/01/1984 by AZDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW TO REACH FOLLOWS. 4.17 KM. (2.59 MI.) SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 60 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 88 AT APACHE JUNCTION TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.