Details for Benchmark: DU1572
N 33° 14.783 W 111° 37.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- R 364
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/10/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
0.2 KM (0.10 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG ELLSWORTH ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE IN QUEEN CREEK, THENCE 1.2 KM (0.75 MI) EASTERLY ALONG OCOTILLO ROAD, THENCE 0.2 KM (0.10 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, 31.3 M (102.7 FT) NORTHEAST OF AND LEVEL WITH THE CENTER OF RITTENHOUSE ROAD, 26.2 M (86.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE, 9.1 M (29.9 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 0.4 M (1.3 FT) NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.