Details for Benchmark: DV0107
N 33° 32.217 W 112° 28.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- H 265
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
13.5 MI NW FROM GOODYEAR. ABOUT 6.0 MILES WEST ALONG YUMA ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT GOODYEAR, THENCE 4.0 MILES NORTH ALONG PERRYVILLE ROAD, THENCE 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG WEST INDIAN SCHOOL ROAD, THENCE 3.0 MILES NORTH ALONG CANAL ROAD WHICH PARALLELS THE EAST SIDE OF THE BEARDSLEY CANAL, IN SECTION 9, T 2 N, R 2 W, AT THE JUNCTION OF CANAL ROAD AND A DIRT ROAD, 17 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF CANAL ROAD, 28 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF THE DIRT ROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF THE EAST PORTION OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR IRRIGATION GATE NUMBER 11, 3.6 FEET WEST OF THE CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A CULVERT UNDER CANAL ROAD, 4 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE CANAL, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE ROADS. NOTE-- THE MARK IS PARTIALLY COVERED BY A METAL WALKWAY OVER THE CANAL.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.