Details for Benchmark: DV0491
N 33° 26.633 W 112° 05.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- H 271
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
1.0 MI W FROM PHOENIX. 1.0 MILE WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC CO. RAILROAD FROM THE UNION STATION AT PHOENIX, 15.6 FEET SOUTH OF MAIN TRACK, 4.7 FEET EAST OF WEST EDGE, SET IN THE SOUTH CONCRETE GUARD RAIL AT WEST END OF THE UNDERPASS OF THE RAILROAD AND STATE HIGHWAY 80, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE MAIN TRACK AND 1.0 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.