Details for Benchmark: DV0684
N 33° 25.650 W 112° 03.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- HILTON RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
2.3 MI SE FROM PHOENIX. 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE UNION STATION AT PHOENIX, THENCE 1.1 MILES SOUTH ALONG SOUTH CENTRAL AVENUE, THENCE 0.9 MILE EAST ALONG THE SERVICE ROAD ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10, AT THE MARY MAGDALENE CATHOLIC CHURCH, AT THE CORNER OF EAST HILTON AVENUE AND SOUTH 11TH STREET, SET IN A CONCRETE FLOOR AT THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE CHURCH, 0.5 FOOT SOUTH OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE CHURCH, 20 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER, 57.6 FEET NORTHEAST OF TRAVERSE STATION HILTON, 63 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF HILTON AVENUE, 61.9 FEET NORTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE AVENUE.
|02/27/1992 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
A THOROUGH SEARCH REVEALED NO EVIDENCE OF THE MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.