Details for Benchmark: DV0916
N 33° 45.483 W 112° 30.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- C 24
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1939 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1939
9.6 MI SE FROM HOT SPRINGS JUNCTION. 9.6 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM HOT SPRINGS JUNCTION, MARICOPA COUNTY, 2.2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE SIDING AT WITTMANN, 96 FEET SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 160, BETWEEN THE HIGHWAY AND THE RAILROAD, AND 60 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED C 24 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.