Details for Benchmark: DV0926
N 33° 49.133 W 112° 34.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1939 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1939
3.4 MI SE FROM HOT SPRINGS JUNCTION. 3.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM HOT SPRINGS JUNCTION, 0.2 MILE NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST 154, 0.2 MILE NORTHWEST OF BIG CHIEF STORE, BETWEEN THE HIGHWAY AND THE RAILROAD, AND 50 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED 1883 PHNX AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2-INCH IRON PIPE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.