Details for Benchmark: DV1255
N 33° 37.033 W 112° 06.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
15.8 KM (9.8 MI) NORTH FROM PHOENIX. 15.8 KM (9.8 MI) NORTH ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 17 FROM THE INTERSECTION OF GRAND AVENUE AT PHOENIX, AT THE CROSSING OF A POWER LINE, IN TOP AND CENTER OF THE WEST HEADWALL OF A DOUBLE BOX CULVERT UNDER THE WEST FRONTAGE ROAD, 5.7 METERS (18.7 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE FRONTAGE ROAD, 9.8 METERS (32 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A POWER LINE POLE WITH A TRANSFORMER, 65.9 METERS (216 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTRY GABLES DRIVE. THE MARK IS 0.15 M BELOW THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.