Details for Benchmark: DV1276
N 33° 33.000 W 112° 30.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- N 475
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
27.4 KM (17.0 MI) NW FROM GOODYEAR. 9.6 KM (6.0 MI) WEST ALONG YUMA ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT GOODYEAR, THENCE 6.5 KM (4.0 MI) NORTH ALONG PERRYVILLE ROAD, THENCE 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) WEST ALONG INDIAN SCHOOL ROAD, THENCE 6.5 KM (4.0 MI) NORTH ALONG CANAL ROAD, THENCE 1.1 KM (0.7 MI) WEST ALONG A DIRT ROAD PARALLELING A POWER LINE, THENCE 2.8 KM (1.75 MI) WEST ALONG THE SOUTH ONE OF TWO DIRT ROADS, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) SOUTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD, ON THE EAST SLOPE OF A RIDGE TO THE NORTH, IN TOP OF A QUARTZITE VEIN, 11.5 METERS (37.7 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 28.6 METERS (94 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A DRY WASH. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.8 M ABOVE THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.