Details for Benchmark: DV1375
N 33° 42.933 W 113° 30.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LA PAZ county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- L 477
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
13.2 KM (8.2 MI) SE FROM SALOME. 13.2 KM (8.2 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG SALOME ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 60 AT SALOME, 0.2 KM (0.15 MI) SOUTHWEST OF AN IRRIGATION WELL, 16.5 METERS (54 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 9.7 METERS (32 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE EXTENDED CENTERLINE OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, 19.5 METERS (64 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF A DEEP DRY WASH, 14 METERS (46 FT) WEST OF A SAGUARO CACTUS WITH 6 STUBBY ARMS WHICH IS ON THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF A WASH, THE ROD WAS DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AT A DEPTH OF 6 FEET. THE MARK IS 0.4 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.5 M ABOVE THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.