Details for Benchmark: DV1910
N 33° 26.390 W 113° 02.411 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- SADDLE MOUNTAIN CAIRN
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||FLYING FLIVER marked DV1910 as destroyed
I agree with previous entry by Azcachemeister (02/04/07).
The Cairn (DV1910) is gone.
However, the actual Saddle Mountain Triangulation Station (DV1911) and both RMs are there in good shape.
||AZ Wandering Bear found DV1910
Recovered in good condition.
||AZcachemeister marked DV1910 as destroyed
There is no longer a cairn on the summit. The previous log is obviously in error, as the photo is of the Saddle Mountain disk, DV1911.
||ajo found DV1910
The year this benchmarked was placed I was six years old.
The disk is in good shape. The cairn and log book are there ok also.
And the two disks to the north and south are ok.
Nice day for a walk. Warm and sunny the whole time except for a bit of a chill in the shadow below the cliffs. The view to the west was a little scary over the edge.
[last edit: 3/12/2003 5:19:06 AM PST]
[Photos:]Saddle Mountain Summit
The altitude on my GPS was wandering around. 3070 +/- 30 feet I couldn't feel the mountain moving at all.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|NO DESCRIPTIVE TEXT AVAILABLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.