Details for Benchmark: DV1993
N 33° 47.898 W 112° 08.153 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1978 by AZDT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1978 (TT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 10.5 MILES SOUTH OF NEW RIVER AND 20 MILES NORTHWEST OF PHOENIX AT THE CAREFREE INTERCHANGE ON I-17.
THE STATION IS AN ADOT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED RIFLE 1976 AND IS EPOXIED TO BRIDGE WHICH IS THE OVERPASS ON I-17. THE DISK IS ON THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BRIDGE 2 FEET WEST OF THE WESTERN EXPANSION JOINT AND 2 FEET NORTH OF SOUTH WALKWAY ACROSS THE OVERPASS.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN ADOT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED RIFLE RM 1 1976 AND IS EPOXIED TO THE BRIDGE PAVEMENT ON NORTH SIDE OF OVERPASS.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN ADOT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED RIFLE RM 2 1976 AND IS EPOXIED TO BRIDGE PAVEMENT ON SOUTH SIDE OF OVERPASS.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF BELL RD. AND I-17 IN NORTHWEST PHOENIX, GO NORTH ON I-17 FOR 11 MILES TO THE CAREFREE INTERCHANGE. THE STATION IS ON SOUTHWEST END OF BRIDGE THAT CROSSES THE INTERSTATE HWY.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
|01/01/1986 by AZDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1986 (ART)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN 1978 EXCEPT THE DISTANCE AND ANGLES TO THE REFERENCE MARKS ARE REVERSED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.