Details for Benchmark: DV2187
N 33° 58.139 W 112° 44.223 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948 (DHK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN WICKENBURG, AT THE CITY WATER TANK, ON A LOW KNOLL IN THE NORTHWEST PART OF THE TOWN. UNDER THE SOUTH EDGE OF TANK, 30 FEET SOUTH OF A CYLINDRICAL COLUMN WHICH IS THE CENTER OF TANK, PROJECTS 3 INCHES AND IS STAMPED, WICKENBURG 1948.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS APPROXIMATELY THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE STATION, 5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CYLINDRICAL COLUMN, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND IS STAMPED, WICKENBURG NO 1 1948.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS APPROXIMATELY THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE STATION, 5 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF MOUND ON WHICH THE TANK IS BUILT, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND IS STAMPED, WICKENBURG NO 2 1948.
STATION BURG 1924 IS THE AZIMUTH.
|01/01/1955 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955 (LFW)
ALL MARKS WERE RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (DM)
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS WERE RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.
|01/01/1975 by USE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ENGINEERS 1975 (FLC)
|01/01/1980 by AZDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1980 (GH)
THE STATION MARK AND REFERENCE MARKS 1 AND 2 WERE RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1948 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
|01/01/1985 by AZDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1985 (BK)
THE STATION MARK, REFERENCE MARKS 1 AND 2 AND THE AZIMUTH MARK WERE RECOVERED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW ROUTE TO THE STATION FOLLOWS.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 60, 93 AND 89 IN WICKENBURG TRAVEL WEST ALONG U.S. 60 FOR 0.25 MILE TO ADAMS STREET. TURN RIGHT AND TRAVEL NORTHWEST FOR 0.35 MILE TO THE WATER TANK AND STATION.
|06/05/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.