Details for Benchmark: DV2214
N 33° 59.994 W 112° 49.680 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- BOUNDARY MON 8 MARICOPA YAVAPAI
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1924 by LOCSUR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1924 (T)
THE STATION IS A TRIANGULAR SHAPED MONUMENT ABOUT 2 FEET HIGH A PIPE SET IN TOP. THE ATTACHED PLATE ON WEST SIDE READS COR NO 8 LAT. 34 00 00 WEST 27316.5 FT TO COR NO 7 EAST 5395.4 FT TO COR NO 9 A BRONZE PLATE ON THE NORTH SIDE READS YAVAPAI COUNTY 1924. A BRONZE PLATE ON THE SOUTH SIDE READS MARICOPA COUNTY 1924.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAYS 93 AND 60 IN WICKENBURG, TRAVEL NORTHWEST ALONG US 93 FOR 7.2 MILES TO A ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT PASSING OVER A CATTLE GUARD FOR 0.35 MILE TO A CROSSROAD AND A GATE ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT FOR 1.9 MILES TO A SECOND GATE, CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD FOR 0.15 MILE TO A FENCE CORNER AND END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. FOLLOW FENCELINE UP HILL TO THE TOP OF THE RIDGE, THE STATION IS ABOUT 450 FEET SOUTH ALONG THE RIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.