Details for Benchmark: DV2236
N 33° 38.507 W 112° 21.199 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1986 (HW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6.5 KM (4.0 MI) NORTHWEST OF YOUNGTOWN, ARIZONA.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF BELL ROAD AND GRAND AVENUE, GO NORTHWEST ON GRAND AVENUE FOR 0.41 KM (0.25 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT ACROSS THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF THE RAILROAD TRACKS.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD A.G.S. DISK STAMPED---FIELD 1986---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 25 CM IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 10 CM ABOVE GROUND. LOCATED 12.8 METERS (42.0 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE NORTH RAILROAD OF THE MAIN RAIL, 36.33 METERS (119.2 FT) WEST FROM THE RAILROAD SPUR CONVERGENCE, 17.22 METERS (56.5 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM A CHAIN LINK FENCE, 5.94 METERS (19.5 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST FROM THE WEST END OF THE SOUTHERN MOST OF TWO PIPES, 1.22 METERS (4.0 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A WITNESS POST AND SIGN, 1.22 METERS (4.0 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A WITNESS POST AND SIGN. THE UNDERGROUND MARK IS A STANDARD A.G.S. DISK STAMPED---FIELD 1986---, SET INTO AN IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE 0.81 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.