Details for Benchmark: DV2244
N 33° 17.507 W 112° 06.069 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1986 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1986 (HW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6.5 KM (4.0 MI) EAST OF ST. JOHNS INDIAN SCHOOL, AND ABOUT 17.0 KM (10.5 MI) SOUTH OF DOWNTOWN PHOENIX, ARIZONA.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF 51ST AVENUE AND DOBBINS ROAD IN THE CITY OF LAVEEN, GO SOUTH ON 51ST AVENUE FOR 7.78 KM (4.8 MI) TO A PAVED ROAD RIGHT (ST. JOHNS ROAD), CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.32 KM (0.2 MI) TO ANOTHER PAVED ROAD LEFT, TURN LEFT ON A PAVED ROAD (TURNING INTO A DIRT ROAD) AND GO EAST FOR 3.4 KM (2.1 MI) TO A FOUR LEGGED HIGH LINE TOWER ON THE LEFT, CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD AND GO EAST ON THE DIRT ROAD FOR 3.4 KM (2.1 MI) TO A TRACK ROAD LEFT ABOUT 30 METERS (100 FEET) BEFORE REACHING A NORTHBOUND DIKE, TURN LEFT (NORTH) THEN LEFT (WEST) AGAIN ON A HIGH LINE ROAD FOR ABOUT 46 METERS (150 FT) TO A DIM TRACK ROAD RIGHT JUST AFTER CROSSING A SMALL DRAIN, TURN RIGHT ON THE DIM TRACK ROAD AND GO NORTHEAST FOR 0.13 KM (0.08 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD AGS DISK STAMPED---NAT 1986---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 25 CM IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 5 CM ABOVE GROUND. LOCATED 1.22 METERS (4.0 FT) SOUTH FROM A WITNESS POST AND SIGN. THE UNDERGROUND MARK IS A STANDARD AGS DISK STAMPED---NAT 1986---, SET INTO AN IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE 0.81 METERS BELOW THE SURFACE.
|6/15/1998 by AZDT (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1998 (DM)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.