Details for Benchmark: DV2268
N 33° 57.396 W 112° 50.426 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1985 (BK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 7 MILES WEST OF WICKENBURG ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 60.
THE STATION MARK IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---CUT 1985---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 150 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 84 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE AND 3 FEET WEST OF THE WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---CUT RM 1 1985---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 86 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE LINE.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---CUT RM 2 1985---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 34 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE LINE.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 60, 89 AND 93 IN WICKENBURG TRAVEL WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 60 FOR 6.8 MILES TO MILE POST 103.75 AND THE STATION ON TOP OF THE CUT 500 FEET WEST.
|07/09/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.