Details for Benchmark: DV2271
N 33° 56.561 W 113° 07.789 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1985 (BK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 2 MILES EAST OF AGUILA ALONG THE SOUTH SIDE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 60.
THE STATION MARK IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---EAGLE 1985---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT. IT IS 89 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 4 FEET NORTH OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---EAGLE RM 1 1985---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 3 FEET NORTH OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---EAGLE RM 2 1985---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 3 FEET NORTH OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN AGUILA TRAVEL EAST ALONG U.S. 60 FOR 2.35 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AT MILE POST 86.85.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.