Details for Benchmark: DV2291
N 33° 24.417 W 112° 01.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 519
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
IN PHOENIX, AT THE INTERSECTION OF EAST BROADWAY ROAD AND SOUTH 27TH STREET, 14.0 M (45.9 FT) WEST OF THE STREET CENTER, 6.4 M (21.0 FT) NORTH OF AND LEVEL WITH THE WESTBOUND LANES OF THE ROAD, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) NORTH OF A FENCE BETWEEN TWO PLANTERS. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE ROD WAS DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AND ANCHORED, AT 2.3 METERS AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1993.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.