Details for Benchmark: DW0377
N 33° 42.183 W 115° 48.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RIVERSIDE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- G 727
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1974 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
43.4 MI S FROM TWENTYNINE PALMS. 1.05 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 62 FROM THE JUNCTION OF ADOBE ROAD AT TWENTYNINE PALMS, THENCE 4.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG UTAH TRAIL, THENCE 38.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG PARK ROUTE 1, AT THE NORTH END OF A CURVE, 32 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF A SMALL EMBEDDED GRANITE BOULDER WHICH PROJECTS 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, 3.0 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. SEC 26, T5S, R11E. NOTE- PARK HEADQUARTERS AT TWENTYNINE PALMS HAS BEEN MOVED TO A NEW BUILDING, AND THE REFERENCES IN THIS LIST TO THE PARK SERVICE OFFICE SHOULD HAVE THE DISTANCE DECREASED BY 1.7 MILES.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.