Details for Benchmark: DX0563
N 33° 23.217 W 116° 47.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN DIEGO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- W 62
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT OAK GROVE. AT OAK GROVE, ABOUT 200 YARDS NORTHWEST OF THE OAK GROVE RANGER STATION, 136.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF AND ACROSS STATE HIGHWAY 79 FROM THE SOUTH CORNER OF A SCHOOL BUILDING, 55.2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM BENCH MARK 2751 (USGS), 47.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE EAST CORNER OF A U.S. FOREST SERVICE HOUSE, 20.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 9 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 10-INCH PINE TREE, 0.6 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF A BOARD FENCE, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.