Details for Benchmark: DX2217
N 33° 46.617 W 117° 51.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 781
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
0.8 MI S FROM ORANGE. 0.75 MILE SOUTH ALONG GLASSELL STREET FROM THE PLAZA AT ORANGE, SET IN THE CURB OF THE WALK AT THE NORTH END OF THE CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER SANTIAGO CREEK, 29.6 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF GLASSELL STREET, 0.4 FOOT EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE CONCRETE BANISTER, 1.1 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STREET LEVEL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED P 781 1946.
|01/01/1974 by CA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
STANDARD DISK APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DESTROYED BY BRIDGE REMODELING, LOCATION HAS A NAIL AND WASHER DRIVEN INTO CONCRETE CURB AND IS LABELED BM.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.