Details for Benchmark: DX2245
N 33° 51.533 W 117° 50.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 2 C 98 74
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by CA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
IN NORTHEASTERN ANAHEIM. 0.3 MILE SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG TUSTIN AVENUE FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH MIRALOMA AVENUE, 59 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF TUSTIN AVENUE, 54 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE RAILROAD SPUR LINE OF THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD COMPANY, 47 FEET NORTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, NO NUMBER, 9 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE MOST SOUTHERLY RAILROAD CROSSING SIGNAL LIGHT, REFERENCED BY A METAL POST AND 1.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE METAL POST, SET ON A 6 INCH BY 6 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT, 3 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND AND 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROADWAY.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 1.0 KM (0.60 MI) WEST ALONG ORANGE-THORPE AVENUE FROM THE INTERSECTION OF VAN BUREN STREET IN ATWOOD, THENCE 1.1 KM (0.70 MI) SOUTH ALONG TUSTIN AVENUE, 18.0 M (59.1 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE AVENUE CENTERLINE, 15.8 M (51.8 FT) WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE WESTMOST SET OF RAILROAD TRACKS OF THE ATCHISON TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD, 2.7 M (8.9 FT) WEST OF THE RAILROAD SIGNAL CROSSING POLE FOR THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF THE AVENUE. THE MARK IS 0.2 M ABOVE THE AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.