Details for Benchmark: DX2293
N 33° 47.667 W 117° 53.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- U 781
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946
2.9 MI S FROM ANAHEIM. 2.9 MILES SOUTH ALONG SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT ANAHEIM, SET IN THE TOP OF THE EAST HEADWALL OF CULVERT NO. 512 D, 0.1 MILE NORTH OF STREET CROSSING LEADING TO MELROSE ABBEY MAUSOLEUM, 104.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF MILE POST NO. 513, 6.8 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL, 2.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE HEADWALL, 0.8 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TOP OF RAIL. NOTE-- ROAD CONSTRUCTION MAY HAVE DESTROYED THE MARK.
|01/01/1966 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1968 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1968
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.