Details for Benchmark: DX2295
N 33° 47.767 W 117° 53.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 1 A 126 73
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by CA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1973
IN ANAHEIM. 300 FEET NORTHWESTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD TRACK FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH THE CENTERLINE OF ORANGEWOOD, 19 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ANAHEIM BOULEVARD, 4 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, 65 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, NO NUMBER, ON THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE HEADWALL OF A DOUBLE REINFORCED CONCRETE BOX CULVERT.
|05/23/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN ANAHEIM, AT THE INTERSECTION OF ANAHEIM BOULEVARD AND ORANGEWOOD AVENUE, IN TOP OF AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A CULVERT UNDER THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, 5.7 M (18.7 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE BOULEVARD, 1.7 M (5.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND LEVEL WITH THE TRACK.
|08/16/1994 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1994 (JDG)
ANAHEIM, NEAR INTERSECTION OF ANAHEIM BLVD AND ORANGEWOOD AVE, ON SOUTHWESTERLY SIDE OF ANAHEIM BLVD, 331 FEET (100.9 M) NORTHWEST OF CENTERLINE OF ORANGEWOOD AVE, 17 FEET (5.2 M) SOUTHWEST OF CENTERLINE OF ANAHEIM BLVD, FLUSH IN TOP OF SOUTHEAST CORNER OF 14 FEET (4.3 M) BY 1.5 FEET (0.5 M) CONCRETE HEADWALL, A 4 INCH ORANGE COUNTY SURVEYOR ALUMINUM DISK STAMPED 1A 126 73 NEAR OCF STA. 1338+00 REF. MWD FB 2011 03 058.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.