Details for Benchmark: DX2296
N 33° 48.183 W 117° 53.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 1 A 106
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1968
AT ANAHEIM. 0.30 MILE EAST ALONG KATELLA AVENUE FROM THE SANTA ANA FREEWAY TO THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY CROSSING, 190 FEET EAST ALONG THE SIDEWALK FROM THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE TRACK, 46 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A 4 FOOT BY 11 FOOT CONCRETE CATCH BASIN, 0.80 OF A FOOT HIGHER THAN THE GUTTER.
|01/01/1974 by CA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|05/30/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN ANAHEIM, AT THE INTERSECTION OF KATELLA AVENUE AND LEWIS STREET, IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE CATCH BASIN, 57.9 M (190.0 FT) EAST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD, 53.3 M (174.9 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET, 14.7 M (48.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE AVENUE, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE AVENUE, AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE CATCH BASIN.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.