Details for Benchmark: DX2298
N 33° 48.600 W 117° 54.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 1 A 107
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CA-059 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1968
AT ANAHEIM. AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILWAY CROSSING OF CERRITOS AVENUE AT TUSTIN JUNCTION, 329 FEET EAST ALONG THE SIDEWALK FROM THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE NORTHEAST TRACK, 35.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 29.5 FEET WEST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 9726D, 34 FEET WEST OF A FIRE PLUG, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A 4.5 FOOT BY 7.5 FOOT CONCRETE CATCH BASIN, 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE GUTTER.
|01/01/1974 by CA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|05/30/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN ANAHEIM, AT THE INTERSECTION OF CERRITOS AVENUE AND ALLEC STREET, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A CATCH BASIN, 33.5 M (109.9 FT) WEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF THE STREET, 10.8 M (35.4 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE AVENUE, 8.6 M (28.2 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A GATE, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE AVENUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.