Details for Benchmark: DX2299
N 33° 48.750 W 117° 54.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- S 98
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Mark1962 posted a note for DX2299
If I can get it arranged for Saturday, 30 May (in the Morning) it will be Recovered after 20 Years.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
1.5 MI S FROM ANAHEIM. IT IS 1.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ANAHEIM, 0.4 MILE SOUTH OF THE RAILROAD CROSSING WITH BALL ROAD, 0.15 MILE NORTH OF THE RAILROAD CROSSING WITH CERRITOS AVENUE, ABOUT 200 FEET WEST OF THE GERING COMPANY MANUFACTURING PLANT, 9.0 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE TRACKS, CEMENTED IN THE TOP OF THE WEST HEADWALL OF A RAILROAD CULVERT. IT IS 5 RAILS SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF A RAILROAD SIDING.
|01/01/1974 by CA-059 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|05/30/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 0.6 KM (0.35 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF BALL ROAD IN ANAHEIM, IN TOP OF AND 0.6 M (2.0 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST HEADWALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT, 2.7 M (8.9 FT) NORTH OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND LEVEL WITH THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.