Details for Benchmark: DX2302
N 33° 49.267 W 117° 54.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- A 34
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1920 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
0.9 MI S FROM ANAHEIM. IT IS 0.9 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ANAHEIM, 0.15 MILE SOUTH OF THE T-JUNCTION OF OLIVE STREET AND VERMONT AVENUE, ABOUT 200 FEET EAST OF THE T-INTERSECTION OF PHILADELPHIA STREET AND CHARLOTTE AVENUE, EAST OF AND DIRECTLY BEHIND RESIDENCE 974 CHARLOTTE AVENUE, 9 3/4 RAILS SOUTH OF RAILROAD MILE POST 511, 8.2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE 2.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF A CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A RAILROAD CULVERT, AND ABOUT 1.2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACKS.
|01/01/1973 by CA-059 (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1973
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.