Details for Benchmark: DX2566
N 33° 57.417 W 117° 10.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RIVERSIDE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Z 399 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
5 MI NE FROM SUNNYMEAD. THE MARK IS IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF LOCUST AVE. AND WEBER ST. IT IS ABOUT MIDWAY OF THE CURVE IN THE SOUTHEAST CURBING AND IS 1 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF THE CURBING AND 1 FOOT NORTH OF THE STREET SIGN POST. IT IS SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE CYLINDER WHICH PROJECTS 1 INCH ABOVE THE GROUND. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SUNNYMEAD, GO EAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 60 FOR 3.8 MILES TO A PAVED STREET LEFT (HENDRICKS RD.). TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON HENDRICKS RD. FOR 1.2 MILES TO A T-INTERSECTION WITH LOCUST AVE. TURN RIGHT AND FOLLOW LOCUST AVE. EAST FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF LOCUST AVE AND WEBER ST. AND THE MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.