Details for Benchmark: DX2721
N 33° 58.867 W 117° 07.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RIVERSIDE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Z 448
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
0.3 MI W FROM EL CASCO. 0.3 MILE WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC CO. RAILROAD FROM THE FORMER STATION AT EL CASCO, AT A POINT WHERE THE ROAD AND RAILROAD SEPERATE, 67 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A FARM ROAD CROSSING, 38.2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF SAN TIMOTEO CANYON ROAD, 29.2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 2.2 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|12/03/1992 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1992
BEAUMONT, 7.5 MILES (12.1 KM) WESTERLY ALONG SAN TIMOTEO CANYON RD FROM THE INTERSECTION WITH INTERSTATE 10, 38.2 FEET (11.6 M) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF SAN TIMOTEO CANYON RD., 29.2 FEET (8.9 M) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 3 FEET (0.9 M) WEST OF A POWER POLE WITH NO NUMBER, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACKS, IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST POST 1 FOOT (0.3 M) ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.