Details for Benchmark: DX2948
N 33° 57.033 W 117° 52.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOS ANGELES county, CA View Original Datasheet
- R 348
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
3.2 MI NE FROM BREA. ABOUT 2.8 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE BREA CANYON ROAD FROM THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL AT THE NORTH EDGE OF BREA AND 0.35 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE LOS ANGELES-ORANGE COUNTY LINE. A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST WHICH IS AT THE SOUTHEAST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, ON EDGE OF ROAD SHOULDER, 25 FEET SOUTHEAST OF HIGHWAY CENTER LINE, 98.3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF MILE POST 0.34.
|01/01/1970 by LAHSCH (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOS ALTOS HIGH SCHOOL 1970
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1974 by CA-037 (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOS ANGELES COUNTY CALIFORNIA 1974
BREA CANYON ROAD 0.3 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE LOS ANGELES-ORANGE COUNTY BOUNDARY LINE, 24.3 FEET SOUTHEASTERLY OF THE CENTER LINE OF BREA CANYON ROAD, 8.3 FEET WESTERLY OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 788933H, 2.3 FEET SOUTHERLY OF A GUY CABLE ANCHOR AND 0.7 FEET WESTERLY OF AN OLD FENCE, SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST ON THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD AND ABOUT 6 INCHES LOWER THAN THE EDGE OF THE PAVEMENT.
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
0.35 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG BREA CANYON ROAD FROM THE LOS ANGELES- ORANGE COUNTY LINE, AT THE Y-JUNCTION OF PAVED ROAD LEADING NORTHEAST TO FLOOD CONTROL CHANNEL, 105 FT. NORTHEAST OF CENTER LINE Y-JUNCTION OF A CHAIN LINK GATE ACROSS FLOOD CONTROL ROAD, 90 FT. SOUTHWEST OF OF CULVERT NUMBER 0.35, 280 FT. SOUTHWEST OF BM Y421, 15 FT. NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 788933H, 2 FT. SOUTH OF THE BASE OF GUY WIRE, 0.8 FT. UNDERGROUND, 2 FT. NORTHWEST OF OLD FENCE.
|03/28/1994 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1994 (DEL)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. REFERENCE MWD FB 2011 02 042.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.