Details for Benchmark: DX3150
N 33° 55.200 W 117° 53.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Z 424
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||tigger2 couldn't find DX3150
This one certainly looks gone. The reference to the house at 117 Orange Ave. is no longer valid because the house is now apartments. I did find a row of water meters and one of them is marked 117. The water meters are about 13 feet north a power pole, too. I would almost bet that the disk went out when the water meters came in.
And they call it "progress"??!!
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
IN BREA. ON THE WEST SIDE OF NORTH ORANGE AVENUE, AT BASE OF A HILL, 26 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF HOUSE NUMBER 117, 13 FEET NORTH OF A POWER LINE POLE AND 1.2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB. A 6 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
|01/01/1967 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.