Details for Benchmark: DX3158
N 33° 55.517 W 117° 53.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- F 352
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Klemmer couldn't find DX3158
Carefully walked Brea Blvd (which used to be Pomona Avenue) from Birch Ave to north of Lambert Rd, both sides, looking for any possible marks. This one not found.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
AT BREA. AT THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL ON NORTH POMONA AVENUE IN BREA. A 9 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS IN GRASSY AREA 94 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF STEPS LEADING TO THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL, 1.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF SIDE WALK AND 3.3 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF NORTH POMONA AVENUE.
|01/01/1967 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/06/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.