Details for Benchmark: DX3159
N 33° 55.533 W 117° 53.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ORANGE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- T 424
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Klemmer couldn't find DX3159
Carefully walked Brea Blvd (which used to be Pomona Avenue) from Birch Ave to north of Lambert Rd, both sides, looking for any possible marks. This one not found.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
AT BREA. AT BREA, ON NORTH POMONA AVENUE, AT THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL, 9 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE RETAINING WALL OF THE GROUNDS, 2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF THE AVENUE, AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1967 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1967
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|06/06/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.